Apple entered the phablet domain with the iPhone 6 Plus, but that name tag has been adopted yet again by another Company. A company, which until recently was no.3 in the smartphone manufacturers ranking. Say hello to the Huawei honor 6 Plus, which launched in December. Now, a rather funny question arises -Which one is the better ‘ 6 Plus ‘ of the two. Lets take a look.
- Both devices support 2G, 3G and 4G connectivity. The industry standard is met in both devices and there is no point comparing them in the connectivity region any longer. If its of any help , the Huawei Honor 6 Plus supports the Dual Sim feature as well.
- Display – Both Devices feature a 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p display with the same pixel density of 401 ppi. The Honor 6 Plus holds the edge with a better screen to body ratio of the two. We have a screen to body ratio of 73.2 % in the Honor 6 plus compared to the 67.8 % screen to body ratio of the iPhone 6 Plus. If overall phone design and material is anything to go by, the iPhone stands high and mighty over the Honor 6 Plus.
- Performance – The iPhone 6 plus features Apple’s in-house A8 chipset which comes loaded with a Dual core 1.4 GHz Cyclone CPU. The Antutu benchmark saw the A8 score 21,204 points. The Huawei Honor 6 Plus features their in house HiSilicon Kirin Chipset which features a Quad core 1.8 GHz cortex A-15 processor and a quad core 1.3 GHz cortex A-7 processor. The AnTuTu benchmark saw the Kirin 925 score 42,274 points. The AnTuTu benchmark is treated as a no load test on mobile phone devices , so that we get an unbiased result of how the device will perform in its ideal state. If that is taken into account, we can see the Kirin beat the A8 comprehensively.
- Memory – The iPhone 6 Plus comes in three variants – 16/64/128 GB variants with 1 GB RAM. There is no memory expansion possible on the iPhone 6 Plus. The Honor 6 Plus comes in two variants – A 16 GB 3G variant and a 16/32 GB LTE variant. Both these variants come with 3GB RAM, a wonder figure for the performance enthusiasts. We can also expand the memory via an external SD card upto 128 GB . The SD slot also doubles as a SIM slot for the second SIM that you may want to use when travelling Out Station.
- Camera – The iPhone 6 Plus features an 8 MP iSight camera and a 1.2 MP front snapper. The rear camera can record videos of 1080p @ 60 fps and 720 p @ 240 fps. The Honor 6 Plus features an 8 MP dual camera on the rear and an 8 MP sensor at the front. Both the front and rear cameras can record videos of 1080p @ 30 fps. Both devices feature the dual LED flash , but the Honor 6 Plus has the edge yet again with the extra depth sensor along with the rear camera sensor.
- FM radio ad IR port are available in the Honor 6 Plus, while they are clearly absent in the iPhone 6 Plus. FM Radio may not make much of a diference , but it was about time Apple included an IR port in their new lineup, but looks like we will have to wait for their next lineup and hope it makes an appearance.
- Battery – The iPhone 6 Plus features a 2915 mAh battery, while the Honor 6 Plus features a staggering 3600 mAh battery. The Honor clearly has the better battery of the two, and no matter how impressive the iPhone battery may be , it still can’t possibly match the performance of a monster 3600 mAh battery of the Honor 6 Plus.
Overall , the Honor 6 Plus clearly outshines the iPhone 6 Plus in all department except design and UI. The Emotion UI of the Huawei lineup has been exposed to mixed reviews in the past , while the Apple UI has been crowned the best in the market for a long time now. The victory however, will go to the Honor 6 Plus as these features can be obtained for half the price of the iPhone 6 Plus.
The Best ‘ 6 Plus ‘ thus, is the Huawei Honor 6 Plus.